Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flour Tortillas

I usually only buy one type of bread because my son takes a snack with him to school everyday and this bread is good for sandwiches. I've found though that it upsets my stomach and I've been trying to find something for me but I've been throwing out more bread than I've been eating. When I saw these flour tortillas on the Your Vegan Mom blog and saw how simple they were to make, I thought that I might try to make just a few and see how my stomach liked them.

Two Small Flour Tortillas

1 dl flour (I'm planning on trying other flours)
1 tsp liquid margarine or oil
¼ dl warm water
dash of salt

Mix ingredients with fork, adding more water if too dry or more flour if too sticky. Knead for two minutes. Cover and let rest for 2 hours. Heat frying pan. Divide dough in half and roll out thinly on a floured board. (I forgot to add the salt, so before rolling them out I sprinkled a few grains of salt on top and then rolled them. I suppose I didn't need to add any salt as my topping was salty anyway.) Fry on each side for 30- 45 seconds.

No comments: