Monday, April 21, 2008

Nutty Hummus

We're new to hummus so I haven't spiced it too strongly. I think I only made it once last year. TS didn't like it but I decided to try it again. We were having broccoli soup for supper and I thought that this would be nice to have on crackers to go with the soup. TS didn't want to try it! I gave him one cracker with some on it and he said that there was some taste that he didn't like. I took out the cumin bag and had him smell it and he said that he thought it was that. Next time I'll divide it in half before adding the cumin and make some without. It would be nice to have something different for sandwiches.

Nutty Hummus

4 dl (400g tin) cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ dl pumpkin seeds
½ dl cashews (salted)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water, or more if needed
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp paprika powder
¼ tsp dried parsley
dash chili powder
dash pepper
salt to taste

Purée pumpkin seeds and cashews in food processor until fine. Add rest of ingredients and purée until smooth.

No comments: