Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple Cake

I found another food blog that seems interesting. They post a monthly recipe and participants bake it and post about it. I decided to take part in the September bake at Sweet and Simple Bakes' when I noticed it was to do with apples. Seeing that we are trying to go eggless I used baking powder and vinegar instead of the eggs. I didn't have any vanilla so I left that out. I also used a larger cake pan so it came out flatter. I especially liked the cinnamon and sugar topping!

7 comments:

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Shirley
An eggless and vanillaless apple cake. I believe you've given a new twist to this cake :-)

natalia said...

Ciao ! How was it without eggs? what do you do to substitute ? Maybe I'll turn vegetarian too some day I Think it's a good thing to do

Rosie said...

I agree with Chawanmushi what a brilliant new twist to this cake :) It looks really delish!!

Many thanks to you for partaking in this month’s bake and I hope you will join us again :)


Hugs Rosie x

Maria♥ said...

Hi Shirley

Your cake looks delish!

Thanks for taking part and hope you will join us again.

Maria
x

Nickki said...

That looks great!

Edith said...

i like your innovation.

Becka Robinson said...

Wow. That sounds good!